Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Famous Guacamole & Home Made Chips

This recipe is always a crowd pleaser! I have actually had people tell me that they don't like Guacamole and they love this recipe! It's so easy and so delicious!


Things you will need for Guacamole:
Avocados - I usually use 6 or 7
1 White Onion
1 Bundle Cilantro
Jalapenos - Quantity is totally up to you depending on your heat level. I use about 4 or 5 jalapenos with the seeds. I like to make sure it has a kick!
1 Lime Juiced
Lawry's Garlic Salt


First you want to cut your Avocados in half and remove the seed. Then what I have found to be the easiest for mashing is score your Avocados with a knife and make a checker board, then when you get the spoon to remove the meat it comes out in little chopped pieces and it's easier to mash. Once you have mashed your Avocados, add in the juice of one lime and garlic salt to taste. Make sure your avocado mixture is a little salty because you want to season all the other veggies you'll be putting into this delicious dip!


Chop up the rest of your vegetables! The consistency of the chop is totally up to you! I like it chunky but you might want smaller pieces! Stir into your Avocado mixture and TA-DA! Total deliciousness in a bowl.


For the chips I totally cheat and buy white corn tortillas that I cut into little triangles and deep fry! Once they are all brown and crispy I pull them out and salt to taste! People can't get their hands out of this recipe and will be begging you make it over and over again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment