Thursday, February 3, 2011

Beans

My husband loves this recipe! It seems like every time I ask him what he wants for dinner this is his response. This recipe originally came from my dad and I've added a few things to make it my own. I love this recipe because you literally throw everything in the pan and forget about it! You do need a pressure cooker for this recipe so if you don't have one, I'm sure you could make this using a regular chili pot but it would take some serious time.

Things You Need:
2 Cups of Pinto Beans (I don't soak them because I'm using a pressure cooker)
Ham Skanks - When you buy these at the store they come in packs of two
1 White Onion diced
1 Tbsp Garlic minced
8 cups Water
Salt
Pepper

Throw everything in the pot and cover. Let this pressure cook for about an hour and a half! It turns into this thick delicious bean stew! Definitely a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment