Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Cupcake with Cream Cheese Frosting


Delicious Cupcakes
 Not being very good at baking I was very proud of myself that I was able to pull these off! My guests even thought that these cupcakes were store bought! I have to say though it was mostly because of the Frosting tips I bought that make these look so pretty but they were so delicious! The Carmel really does something magical to the cream cheese and takes this dessert to a whole new level! I wanted to make Kenny a cake that tasted like pumpkin pie so I had to make something that was extremely moist and extra delicious especially since my husband is not big on sweets! So this is what I came up with! Hope you enjoy!

Things that you will need:
2 Cups Granulated Sugar
4 large eggs
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Cups Pumpkin Puree

For Frosting:
1 8oz package of Cream Cheese (room temperature)
1/4 cup Butter (room temperature)
16oz Confectioner's Sugar
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Carmel Topping
Candied Pecans

Step 1: Beat the Sugar, vegetable oil and eggs together.

Step 2: Sift Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, and Ginger into a large bowl.

Step 3: Slowing incorporate your dry mixture to your wet ingredients. I did this in small batches and continued to beat with the egg beaters to make sure all the dry ingredients were well incorporated.

Step 4: Once your dry ingredients are well incorporated stir in 2 cups of pumpkin. The batter will thick but wet at the same time.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees

Line your cupcake tin with cupcake wrappers and scoop batter into the tins filling about 3/4 full. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes.

While they are baking you can make your frosting! Place cream cheese, vanilla extract and butter in a large bowl and mix. Once they are well blended start stirring in your sugar very slowly. I continue to taste it as I go just to make sure that the frosting doesn't get too sweet. If you like it super sweet add the entire contents of your bag and don't look back, if not, continue to check the sweetness as you beat in the sugar! When complete place the frosting the fridge.

Once your cupcakes have cooled you can begin to frost and decorate them! I topped my cupcakes with Carmel sauce and candied pecans! I loved this recipe and will make them again! Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment