Monday, May 23, 2011

Crock-Pot Jambalaya

Finished Jambalaya
This was super easy and very tasty! Being a new mom anything that can be thrown together in a crockpot is a plus for me! The thing to remember about Jambalaya is the longer the ingredients hang out together, the complexity and layers of flavor begin to build and make it a totally awesome dish! There is a way to make this dish on the stove and total prep cook time is about 50 minutes so if you don't want to use your crockpot and would rather cook it on the stove let me know and I'll send that recipe your way!

Things you will need:
8oz Andouille Sausage or Polska Kielbasa
8oz Cubed Ham - I used Black Forest Ham
16oz Peeled Deviened Shrimp - I used Frozen Cooked shrimp
3/4 Cup Long Grain Rice
2 Cups Chicken Stock
1 14oz Can Diced Tomatoes undrained
1 Bay Leaf
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1/2 tsp Dried Basil
2 cloves Garlic Minced
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper - 1/4tsp if you don't it like spicy
1 tsp Black pepper
2 Stalks Celery chopped
1/2 Onion chopped
1/2 Red Bell Pepper chopped

Throw all of this into your crock pot on low for 4hours! Because I used cooked shrimp I didn't add it until the last 5 minutes. Serve it hot with some delicious corn bread and you got yourself a delicious southern meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment