Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pork Chops Stuffed with Feta & Spinach


Pork Chops with Feta & Spinach

Now this is a recipe I can get behind! It was so incredibly good! Of course I did deviate from the recipe a little bit because the cut of pork that we got was way too thin to butter-fly and stuff, so I just used two thin pork chops and sandwiched the filling between the two chops. I used a toothpick to keep them together while I broiled them. Because I used two chops, I also increased the cooking time slightly. I broiled my chops for about 7 minutes on each side. I wouldn't change anything about the filling in this dish! It was amazing! The lemon zest in the spinach really brings it all together and gives it a very fresh taste. Would definitely make this dish again! I served with steamed corn on the cob. It was very filling and packed with flavor!

Things you will need:
Cooking Spray
4 Garlic Cloves, minced and divided
1/2 tsp Salt, divided
1/4 tsp Pepper
5 Sun Dried Tomatoes packed without oil, diced
1 (10oz) pkg Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1/4 cup Crumbled Reduced-Fat Feta Cheese
3 Tbsp block style Fat Free Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
2 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
4 (4oz) Boneless Center-cut loin Pork Chops trimmed
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp Dried Oregano

Step 1: Preheat Broiler

Step 2: Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and coast with Cooking Spray. Add 2 minced Garlic Cloves saute 1 minute. Add 1/4 tsp Salt, 1/8 tsp Pepper, Tomatoes, Spinach, saute until moisture evaporates. Remove from heat; stir in Cheeses and Lemon Zest.

Step 3: Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each pork chop to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/4 cup mixture into each pocket. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp Salt and 1/8 tsp Pepper over pork. Arrange Pork on rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with Cooking spray; play rack in pan. Combine 2 minced garlic cloves, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and oregano in a bowl; Stir well. Brush half of mustard mixture over pork. Broil 6 minutes; turn chops. Brush remaining mustard mixture of pork chops; broil 2 minutes or until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment